Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chicken Swiss Casserole


Today was a wonderful fall-like day. The temps were low and it was a gentle rainy day. Tonight's dinner made is all the better.

I found this recipe on Pinterest, and I think it is one that my cousin pinned. My cousin is always cooking something interesting and yummy, so when she finds a recipe that looks good to her, I know I can trust that it probably is going to be a hit. What good eyes she has!

This casserole was perfect comfort food for today's weather, and it is oh, so easy to make! It can be thrown into the crockpot at the beginning of the day and then have an almost complete meal at the end of the day. I made some baked apples (in the microwave) and cooked carrots to round out the meal. My family loved it!

Chicken Swiss Casserole (or something like that)

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 slices swiss cheese
can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup (I found Campbell's Cream of Chicken and Mushroom, and it was amazing)
1/4 C milk
1 box of Stove Top Stuffing (any kind that sounds good to you)
1/2 C melted butter

Spray the crockpot with cooking spray, then layer chicken and swiss cheese (one slice on each piece of chicken)
Mix soup and milk together, then spread over chicken
Spread stuffing over milk/soup mix
Drizzle stuffing with melted butter

Cook high 4-6 hours or low 8-10

Kids will get excited to see the stuffing! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have made something similar to this recipe but never in the crockpot. I think I need to go the crockpot route...just the picture makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete